Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Twilight the book

Twilight the book is book one of the Twilight Series


Twilight - written by Stephanie Mayers

Twilight - a modern day romance Twilight

Twilight Poster
Buy at AllPosters.com

Twilight tells the story of Bella Swan, a 17 year old girl who has just moved to live with her father Charlie Swan in the small rainy town of Forks, Washington.  Bella  decided to leave her home in Phoenix, Arizona after her mother remarried. 

Unlike the other girls Bella went to school with in Arizona she is quiet, thoughtful and perceptive. Always seeming older than her age, she was the mother figure in her home and took on the role from a young age with no resentment, describing her mother as her "best friend"

She had no expectation of liking living in Forks and her memories of her stays with her father were of rain and wet, neither of which comforted her on her move.

Resigned to her new choice in life she started at her new high school to discover herself the topic of converation, as the police of chief's daughter her arrival was anticipated by the other students and met with a mixture of admiration, mostly from the boys at the school (to which she was unaware) and jealousy from some of the girls. 

But that was all to change when she met Edward, dark, mysterious and devestatingly hansome, he was like no other boy she had ever seen.

The story really begins with their first encounter and continues as they become intrigued with one another and their difference to others, they enter into a confusing and somewhat frustrating friendship while each tries to unravel the others secret, almost instantly devoted to one another inviting danger with every step closer together. Painful to keep apart and torture to stay together they are drawn to one another regardless of the consequences their relationship will have on their families, friends and the entire population of Forks.

If you haven't read the Twilight saga yet - get your copy now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alana,

    thanks for doing this.

    Even though I'm 36 and therefore way past my teens, I found these books extraordinary! I like Anne Rice, love vampire stories, so thought I'd give these a try as I didn't have a current read.

    I loved them, My husband bought me the first 2, which I read back to back in a few days, then I dashed out to get the others.

    I haven't seen the movie yet. Half of me cant wait and the other half doesn't want to watch them as my own imagination has made such vivid characters that i dont want to spoil them with someone elses interpretation. What did you think? Was it worth the watch?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! And you are not alone, there are many sites now for twilight moms etc, I think the books, although aimed at teenagers are more suited to women in general,

    I am looking forward to the DVD release, they have done a good job with the film, although in my opinion books will almost always win out over their movie counterparts.

    My ideas of the characters in my head didn't match the actors chosen for the main roles, but it didn't take away from the film and in fact I quite like their choice of actor for the part of James, he fit better than I had imagined him when reading the book.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner